Your financial planning Journey
At Bamboo Wealth, our approach to financial advice is to consider all aspects of your personal life. We Take an Holistic View to ensure all areas of your future are met. We will listen carefully to your needs and consider areas of advice that include your family holiday planning, reducing financial stress, building your wealth, preparing children’s education, passing your assets to next generation and government assistance.
Our Values is to ensure we deliver the most appropriate services and strategies to meet your future personal and financial needs.
We consider not just your financial situation but also attempt to gain a deeper appreciation of your dreams and plans of your loved ones.
We take our time to understand your concerns and seek effective strategies and products that are simple and easy to understand. We use research tools to ensure our information is up to date and relevant.
Your Financial Planning experience should be viewed as a long term journey and our approach is to guide you through this pathway making it easier to meet your retirement goals.
We see our role as professional financial coaches. We’ve summarised your financial planning journey with Bamboo Wealth below. Preparing a comprehensive Financial Plan can take up to 15 hours from our initial contact/ discussions to presenting and implementing the chosen strategies/ solutions for your particular goals and needs. Proper Financial Planning is a journey not a transaction
Overview of our Financial Planning Process
1- Gathering Client Information: Getting to Know You
In our first meeting or discuss we like to gain a better understanding of your current situation by collecting financial data and identifying your personal needs. We will ask you many questions to gain insights of your genuine concerns, goals and aspiration for your future. We introduce you to our services and products we are accredited to put you in a better position. We ask tough and personal questions in order to make the necessary changes and face your current reality. We offer you a free no obligation first meeting either in person, on phone or using skype to better understand the following key areas.
- Your attitude to investment risk and attitude to money
- What are your previous experiences with money and investing
- Establish your true aspirations and dreams
- The current and desired future lifestyle
- Answers any questions on your mind
- Explain our value proposition and advice fee options
In this meeting we discuss and provide you the following documents
- Financial Services Guide
- Financial Adviser Profile
- Data Collection form
- Risk Profile questionnaire
- Privacy document
2- Establish Goals & Objectives: What you need for the future
We will ask you complete a questionnaire to gain insights into what need to achieve in the short, medium and long term. We look at your current cash flow and attitude in investment in order to consider possible solutions and outcomes. We take our time to listen to you concerns, fears and expectations as this is the most important stage of the Financial Planning process. Some of your goals could include:
- Short Term: Protect Family Income
- Medium Term: Deposit for your first home
- Long Term: Have enough money to meet your retirement lifestyle
This process if usually discussed with you at our initial contact and first meeting. We capture your personal and business goals using the data collection form. We also like to understand your goals in terms of your life stages which may include the following areas.
- Cashflow needs
- Superannuation and retirement planning
- Tax minimisation and planning
- Accessing government benefits
- Structuring your investing
- Implementing asset and personal insurances
3- Prepare & Present Financial Plan : Developing Appropriate and relevant solutions
After our first meeting we analyse your objectives, goals and financial situation to identify ways of improving your current situation and potential obstacles. Based on your current age and family situation we begin to design strategies to put you in a better position for the immediate and retirement future. Our advisers are skilled and accredited to develop solutions in line with your stated goals and objectives. We will use various tools and networks to make realistic solutions.
Usually 2-3 weeks after collecting your data and developing your strategies we will make another appointment to present our strategies in detail.
The areas we will consider in developing your plan include any of the following:
- Personal Insurances
- Superannuation Planning
- Wealth Accumulation
- Cash flow and Debt Management
- Taxation implications
- Investment Strategies
- Estate Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Redundancy Planning
- Aged Care Planning
In this meeting together we discuss and present the following documents.
- Statement of Advice- Personal Financial Plan
- Product Disclosure Documents
- Investment and Superannuation Research
- Cash flow Projections
- Educational Strategy Information
- Ongoing Service Agreements
4- Implement Financial Plan: Putting the Plan into practice
After presenting the Financial Plan and you having agreed to the strategies and products, we will then guide you with the relevant documentation that needs to be completed and detail the implementation process and responsibilities for both yourself and us as your advisers. This process is time critical and must be carried out carefully to ensure your goals are now in progress. This process can often involved another meeting to discuss questions you may have or make any further changes to our initial recommendation.
The implementation process may require the following actions:
- Signing the authority form to proceed
- Completing application forms
- Reading the product disclosure statements
- Being referred to other professionals such as solicitors
- Contacting your employer for Salary sacrifice arrangement
5- Review & Monitor Financial Plan: Keeping on track
Our Bamboo Wealth team offer an ongoing service to ensure you are meeting your stated goals.
You will experience many challenges in your personal and business life that requires you to review your current Financial Plan or readjust to new developments . We highly recommend you consider an annual review to ensure your short and long term goals will be met. The following are changes are why this last step is critical to your financial future:
- Economic Changes: Weaker economy or financial markets volatility
- Personal Changes: Receiving inheritance, Redundancy, starting a family, loss of income
- Product Changes: New products coming onto the market that meet our personal needs
- Regulatory Changes: Government tax, superannuation or social security
In this meeting together we discuss and present the following documents
- A Review Statement of Advice where changes are required
- Portfolio Review of your investments
- Insurance summary of current policies
- Fee Disclosure Document ( FDS)
- Ongoing Service Agreement
- Newsletter- latest